10 de junho de 2026

(AVANÇASP - 2026) - QUESTÃO

Choose the alternative that correctly completes the sentence, both in meaning and in grammar.
The movie was really ____________. I didn’t expect it to be so good!
Ⓐ interesting
Ⓑ boring
Ⓒ bored
Ⓓ interested
Ⓔ excitinged

This question tests your knowledge of -ed vs. -ing adjectives and sentence context:

  1. Grammar (-ing vs. -ed): * Adjectives ending in -ing describe the characteristic of a thing or person (what causing the feeling). The movie causes interest, so it is interesting.

    • Adjectives ending in -ed describe a feeling or emotion felt by a person (e.g., "I was interested" or "I was bored"). A movie cannot feel an emotion, so bored and interested are grammatically incorrect here.

    • Excitinged (Option E) is not a real word.

  2. Meaning (Context):

    • The second sentence says, "I didn’t expect it to be so good!" This tells us the movie was a positive experience. Therefore, boring (Option B) is incorrect because it contradicts the context.

The Completed Sentence:

"The movie was really interesting. I didn’t expect it to be so good!"

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário